Here are the rules:
1. Post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator sets for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Nominate 11 blogs that you love (also with less than 200 followers). Link them to your post and let them know they have been nominated.
5. No tag backs!
11 random things about me:
1. I drink an entire huge (24 oz) tumbler of water every morning before I have coffee
2. I also very impatiently add sugar and cream to my coffee while our Keurig machine at work is still brewing it
3. I always forget to close out the apps on my iPhone and typically have 30 running at once (and I wonder why it's so slow...)
4. I once met Dakota Fanning and served her ice cream
5. I make multiple to-do lists every day and then ignore them, I think it just makes me feel like I have my life together
6. Every night I routinely put on chapstick and lotion before bed yet I still have ridiculously chapped lips and dry hands
8. After that I neurotically turn my alarm on and off about 20 times just to be sure it's on (no joke)
9. My go-to Starbucks order is a tall Skinny Vanilla Latte
10. I never use the same bullet symbol or structure when I take notes
11. I feel naked without a watch but have a tendency to wear watches with clocks that are ridiculously off or have dead batteries
Since I was tagged 3 times, here are the 3 sets of questions for me to answer. It's a lot but after totally slacking on this poor blog for the past few months I think I can share 33 things with y'all...
1. What is your number one “comfort food” and why?
Grilled cheese & tomato soup, hands down. My mom always used to make it and it reminds of me of snow days in elementary school!
2. If you could move anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would you go?
Australia, or Portland, or Seattle. Not sure I can pick a place but I know it would need to be English speaking.
3. What is your dream job?
The one I have! No, seriously though I love being a college career advisor. The only thing that might top it would be doing my advising job 2-3 days per week and on the other days just trying out new recipes, painting for my Etsy shop and exercising. Now that would be the life!
4. Who would star as you in the movie of your life?
5. What did you eat for dinner last night?
Grilled ahi tuna and green beans from Outback...and maybe also a huge hunk of bread...
6. What is the next movie that you want to see in theaters?
The Hobbit! Hopefully this weekend coming up?
7. What is your favorite movie quote or song lyric?
"All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage and I promise you something great will come of it" -We Bought a Zoo
8. Do you have a “go-to” recipe that you make all the time? What is it and why?
Mexican Baked Eggs! So easy, absolutely delicious and a perfect filling meal. Comforting too.
9. Describe your favorite way to de-stress or blow off steam.
Run, have a good cry, a hot shower, read
10. What’s your favorite app (if you have a smartphone) or website, if you don’t?
Pinterest? Honestly I'd have to say it's between Keeper, which is password protected and holds all of my logins and passwords for just about everything OR my BB&T app so I can on the spot see how
1. What is one wish you have for your blog?
Layout. I do like my design but I'd love to change things about the functionality and have a really cool personal header. Any designers out there that want to give me a Christmas present...? ;)
2. What is your favorite ice cream topping?
Wow...loaded question. No seriously, because I can load my ice cream. I typically mainly do toppings on froyo and honestly I always go for fruit, granola some chocolate chips and those fun little mochi things that are a like a marshmallow/gummy crossbreed.
3. What is your dream vacation?
I would give my right arm to have an entire summer to tour Europe.
4. Cake or cupcakes?
Cupcakes. Portion control people.
5. What is your favorite accessory and why?
I'm going to generally go with jewelry on that one. It can do SO much to an outfit. I'd probably choose necklaces if I had to pick just one.
6. Windows down or air conditioning in the car?
Windows down unless my hair needs to look presentable, or if it's hotter than heck outside.
7. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Memorial Day/4th of July/Labor Day...summer, bbqs, beach, beers, friends...who could want more?
8. What is your favorite dessert?
Ice cream. Always.
9. What are two things you carry in your purse at all times?
Business cards and a koozie. Business in the front, party in the back.
10. Wine, beer, or neither?
Both. I'd prefer wine if I'm staying in at my house but would rather have a beer if I'm out.
11. What is your favorite style of food (Mexican, Italian, Asian, etc...)?
Oooh toughie! Probably a tie between Japanese and Mexican.
1. What's your go to website for online shopping?
I love Joss & Main though I've only made one purchase. I love half.com and Amazon.
2. Who is your favorite actor/actress?
Drew Barrymore/Rachel McAdams, Ashton Kutcher/Tom Hanks
3. Chapstick or lip gloss?
Chapstick. I don't have time for my hair to get stuck on my face!
4. Favorite time of the year?
Late spring and very very early fall
5. Current nail polish color if any?
Just took off a gray/purple color and hoping to get red on by the end of the day!
6. What celebrity's style do you love?
Reese Witherspoon or Emma Stone
7. Favorite dinner to make?
See Lindsay's questions #8
8. Any movies out or coming out that you want to see?
See Lindsay's questions #6 + Les Mis
9. Have you decorated for the holidays yet?
The first weekend of December, always!
10. Why did you start blogging?
I originally started a blog to chronicle my adventures during a traveling job with my sorority, Tri Sigma. Afterwards I realized how much I enjoyed it and decided to begin My Semi-Charmed Life as I started grad school. I love to go back and look at my own thoughts and musings at a particular point in time, and have a space to updated friends & family on my life.
11. Favorite app on your phone?
See Lindsay's questions #10
Blogs I'm tagging:
Morgan @ Art of Being Happy
Charlotte @ Happy Running Accountant
Lauren @ Fizz and Frosting
Courtney @ Little Miss MBA
Amy @ Sweet Home Santa Barbara
Kat @ The Road I'm Running
I actually am bad at math, but no I didn't tag 11 because I follow many blogs with massive amounts of followers and the three people that tagged me would have been people I would have tagged too..
Questions for my Nominees:
1. If you could listen to one CD for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
2. What's the first website that you go to when you open your browser?
3. What's the background on your phone?
4. What are you currently listening to? Music? TV?
5. What is one thing you would love to have in your dream house?
6. Biggest pet peeve?
7. What's something crazy/exciting that you'd love to do but are too scared to do?
8. Are there any songs that you know 100% of the lyrics to by heart?
9. If you could invent something, what would it be?
10. You win a contest to create a new Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor. What would be in it, and what would you name it?
11. What is your current ringtone?
Tag, YOU'RE IT! Oh, and check out the awesome blogs that I tagged!