Week 2: Drink 64 oz. of Water Each Day
Drinking enough water everyday is important for a variety of reasons. When I see people constantly downing sugary juices and sodas it makes me cringe to think about what's happening inside their body. I'm not perfect and love a good soda every once in a while, but H2O is the way to go!
A nourishing agent
Flushes your body of impurities
Reduces risk of kidney stones
Helps to lower blood pressure
Improves your skin
Bonus: It's calorie free!
A few ways I try to get my 64 oz. each day...
- Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning before breakfast
- Drink tea instead of coffee (which can actually dehydrate you)
- Keep my 24 oz. Tervis Tumbler at work and always keep it full (three of these and I'm good to go!)
- Take a water bottle when running errands--Camelbak is my favorite!
- Keep track of my water intake with MyFitnessPal so I don't forget how much I've had to drink!
Luckily I love water, I will most always choose water over any other drink any day of the week. However I've come to learn in life that there are quite a few people out there that can't stand the stuff. This completely boggles my mind, but I know I have a challenge with trying to remember that everyone isn't just like me (how unfortunate, right?).
If you're not a big water fan here are a few tips to spruce it up:
- Add in a slice of lemon, lime, or orange to flavor it
- Infuse it with fruits, vegetables or herbs (so many recipes on Pinterest!)
- Make tea with it...just don't dump loads of sugar in
Just don't go grabbing for the Crystal Light--it's full of artificial sweeteners and colors, and not real fruit ingredients. They've just introduced a "Pure" line of drink mixes that are supposed to be free of artificial sweetener, they're a bit better but still don't really have natural ingredients.
So use these tips to try and get all of your water in this week--it's much easier than it seems I promise! And don't forget to come link up and share how your first week went tomorrow.
What's your favorite way to enjoy water? Any other tips to help you drink your 64 oz. throughout the day?